Providing lodging in Nevada City, California, the Outside Inn is a small hotel that sits in a quiet residential neighborhood just two blocks from downtown. The family owned motel features unique themed rooms under tall pines and is just a short walk to bookstores, coffee, shopping, entertainment and restaurants.
Nevada City is located in California’s Gold Country and has managed to maintain its charm and history. Enjoy your stay in an outdoor-oriented hotel that’s fresh, affordable and fun. Whether you’re coming to town for a wedding, a workshop or visiting family the Outside Inn welcomes you and your family to come and stay in Nevada City’s favorite motel. You can check our availability and book online, but please give us a call if you’re looking for today, Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Check out our room overview for a list of the Outside Inn rooms
- King & Queen sized beds
- Cable TV, coffee maker, telephone, mini-fridge, A/C and bathroom in all rooms
- Kitchenettes and extra beds available
- Picnic tables, barbecues, summer swimming pool
- Seasonal outdoor shower in addition to individual bathrooms in all of the rooms
- Free WIFI Internet connection in rooms
- All rooms are non-smoking
- Family friendly
- Dogs welcome in 14 of our 16 rooms ($20 additional charge per dog/per night, dogs may not be left in room unattended)
- Laser lights in the creekside patio
- Free neighbors vegetable cart
Adventure Starts Here
With hiking and mountain bike trails starting from the Outside Inn’s central location, let us point you in the direction. Fall is a great time to check out the fall colors, winter is a fun time to play in the nearby Tahoe National Forest, spring bring wildflowers to the South Yuba River and summer is our busiest season of all.
During the summer months we know the choice spots on the South Yuba River to swim and relax for the day. Or maybe you want to take the dog for a hike or the kids for a SUP adventure. There are adventures for every member of the family in the nearby Tahoe National Forest. Or maybe you want to participate in any one of the amazing events in our community, a festival, a concert, the local Farmers Markets, an outdoor adventure, a wine tasting event, you name it and Nevada County has something to offer you.
Our office is a library of hiking, biking and other outdoor information with free maps of trails and river swimming holes, so we’re the perfect place to visit Nevada City.