The Soroptimist Garden Tour will be taking place this coming weekend (May 19th and 20th) throughout Nevada County, for a map click here. Take a tour of some amazing gardens either Saturday or Sunday between 10am and 4pm and help support the non-profit Soroptimist International organization. Tickets available at the garden gates or stop by one of the many local vendors and save $5 when you purchase your ticket in advance. Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply is not only selling tickets, but they have generously donated an amazing giveaway basket for one lucky Outside Inn blog reader. To be entered in the draw please post a comment on this blog post telling us your favorite thing about gardening. The prize package is worth just over $90 and includes:
- Containers are the Veggie Bed System (produce bags you take to the grocery store, scanner deducts the bag weight on the scale at checkout)
- Women’s M Green Bamboo gloves with nitrile lining
- 8 Peaceful Valley organic, non-GMO vegetable seed packs
- 3 Peaceful Valley open pollinated flower seed packs
- Garden Snips
- Pack of 5 Garden Art blank greeting cards
- Signed copy of Talking Dirt book by Annie Spiegelman (basics of organic gardening)
- 2 4″ organic tomato plants, Legend and German Pink
- 2 homemade greetings cards by Erin
The winner will be drawn on Monday, May 21st by random.org and posted on the Outside Inn blog. The prize can be mailed, but please note that the tomato plants will not be shipped (we promise to take good care of them at the Outside Inn if we have to). One comment per person.
And the lucky winners from last week’s Treats giveaway the winners are Heather Hunt and Nora. Please stop by the Outside Inn office to collect your gift certificates. And because we got such a great response, I’ve got 5 extra 10% off coupons for a few extra Treats fans, those winners are: Kurt Stephens, Georgette, Jeanne Duerst, Alicia Funk and Sydney Moberg.
© 2012 InnSide Nevada City