There are so many great things to do in fall in Nevada City, here are a few suggestions to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at either Bierwagen’s or McCourtney Road Pumpkin Patch.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, Saturday & Sunday October 14-15.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Take a fall cooking class at Tess’ Kitchen Store (Halloween Treats) or BriarPatch Cooking School (Hearty Stews or Wonderful One-Pot Meals) or try Polly’s Paladar Super Club (Matur, Icelandic Cuisine, October 20-21).
- Smith Vineyard 30th Anniversary celebration, wine tasting and pumpkin picking! Saturday, October 21, 12-4pm.
- Bridgeport South Yuba State Park Fall Festival (Sunday, October 22)
- Decorate your house in the Halloween spirit, only 21 more days. Buy your ticket to Fright Night at the Miners Foundry (Zepparella with special guests Achilles Wheel & The Novelists are playing). Don’t forget the Safe Trick or Treating in downtown Grass Valley for the little ones. And if you’re out on Halloween night stop by the Outside Inn for a pie from An Honest Pie.
- Altar Show: Renewal & Remembrance (October 28- November 5), Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Fall colors photo walk with Nevada City Scenics (Sunday, October 29)
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out our mid week October glamping special)
- Take a hike with Folk Trails Hiking Club (Thursday, October 12) or join one of the Bear Yuba Land Trust events.
- Girl Camper Meet up at the Inn Town Campground (Oct 20-22)
- And if you’re looking for more weekly events, make sure to check out our Events Page over on Pinterest, updated every week.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, enjoying the art tour, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. Leave a comment and share your favorite way to celebrate fall.
© 2017 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem and Lenkaland Photography