It’s pumpkin time! While I love showcasing fall color in Nevada City, it’s also a great time to celebrate all things pumpkin. If you’re looking for a pumpkin fix here are a few ideas.
- Treats in downtown Nevada City is having a pumpkin fest: pumpkin ice creams (regular and vegan), pumpkin Pie Cones, pumpkin milkshakes, pumpkin brownie a la mode.
- An Honest Pie has 2 pumpkin options; classic pumpkin pie and Pumpkin Brew, their buttermilk pie with pumpkin filling.
- The Inn Town Campground has two fall special artisans marshmallows for sale in the camp store, if you’ve ever wanted to try Pumpkin Souffle or Pumpkin Spice Latte marshmallows, stop by now.
- If you need a pumpkin pie to feed more than just yourself, stop by Flour Garden Bakery and pick up either the pumpkin tarte with gingerbread crust or a gluten-free pumpkin pie. Or maybe you want the Southwestern Pumpkin Soup, check out their soup menu for dates.
- Three Forks Bakery & Brewery will have pumpkin pies for the holidays and look for locally sourced organic pumpkin soup on the menu soon.
- Think you want to make your own pumpkin treat, visit the Nevada City Farmers Market. Mountain Bounty Farm will have a variety of pumpkins for sale this Saturday 8:30am- 1pm.
- Caroline’s Coffee Roasters and Summer Thyme’s Bakery have their seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte on the menu.
- Decorate a pumpkin at this weekend’s Bridgeport Fall Festival, Sunday, October 23rd (11-4)
- Go pick a pumpkin at Bierwagen’s Farm (open every day in October) or McCourtney Road Pumpkins (open weekends 10-5) or Smith Vineyards during their Pumpkins & Wine event (Saturday 10/22 and 10/29 from 12-4).
- And for those of you who plan to join the downtown Nevada City trick-or-treating scene, the Outside Inn is taking the pledge and will have a teal pumpkin for kids with food allergies who are looking for treats.
So, who’s ready for a little giveaway? I’ve put together an All Things Pumpkin prize with: a pumpkin pie from An Honest Pie, a pumpkin pie cone from Treats, a bag of gourmet marshmallows from the Inn Town Campground, a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Carolines Coffee and a $10 gift certificate to Bierwagen’s Farm to go pick a speciality pumpkin. Post a comment here on anything pumpkin and I’ll draw the winner on Wednesday, October 26th.