Interesting in learning more about blogging? I’m co-teaching a Business Blogging class at Sierra Commons with Coryon Redd. Part One will be Tuesday, May 13th 6:30-8:30, click here to sign up. We taught the class earlier this year and had such great feedback from the introduction that we’ve expanded the class into a two part series to allow us time to give more examples. So if you’ve been thinking of diving into the social media world and not sure where to start, this is a great in depth crash course on why blogging is beneficial for a business marketing agenda. If you’re already blogging and want to take the second half of the class mark your calendar for Tuesday, June 3rd from 6:30-8:30 at Sierra Commons.
Here are some of my favorite blogging pearls of wisdom:
- Create a mission statement
- Be consistent
- Blog about what you’re passionate about
- Be conscience and visually interesting
- Name drop, link to other blogs/businesses/organization, create a community
- Set realistic goals for your blog, once a month, twice a week, you chose the magic number and stick to it
- Promote, promote, promote, writing the blog is only part of marketing, learn how to share your blog via social media
And since we all know that I love giveaways, I’ve got one spot to giveaway to the May 13th class, plus a free one hour consultation with Peak & Pine Small Batch Social Media company. Please post a comment on this blog post with either the link to your blog or business and why you’d like to win a spot to the class and I’ll post the winner on Friday, May 9th.
© 2014 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem and G Aronow Photography