The long summer nights and warmer temperatures are a perfect time of the year to enjoy an outdoor concert. Nevada City & Grass Valley have a great range of different options, from local artists playing at the farmers markets to world class music shows. The Music in the Mountains SummerFest kicked off last weekend, but there’s still time to enjoy an exciting outdoor performances and sophisticated chamber concerts performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus. The Patriotic Pops show on July 3rd is a great summer tradition, bring a picnic and enjoy some patriotic favorites.
Nevada City Summer Nights outdoor street fair are the last three Wednesdays in July and offer numerous bands set up in multiple locations on Broad Street. Grass Valley Thursday Night Market kicks off this week, Thursday, June 28th with a line up of live entertainment by Heifer Bells, Robby James and the Streets of Bakersfield, Love Train and Grease, Grit and Grime, to name a few. Nevada City First Friday has 2 more dates, Friday, July 6th and August 3rd with live music by Foxtail Brigade and Titanium Buddha performing on Commercial Street in downtown Nevada City.
If you’re looking for kid friendly options make sure to check out the InConcert Sierra Musical Mondays at the Nevada City Library Amphitheater or maybe you want to check out the 4th of July parade in downtown Nevada City or fireworks show.
The 22nd Annual California WorldFest is coming up, July 12-15 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. The popular festival that celebrates music and arts from cultures around the globe is presented by The Center for the Arts. People gather in Grass Valley from across the nation to celebrate diversity in music and art, but it is also the favorite local event for many people that live right here in Nevada County. Knowing this, The Center for the Arts welcomes locals to enjoy the opening night of the festival for a steep discount; 2-for-1 tickets for Nevada County residents! 7 Stages of music, full workshops and yoga lineup, and celebration of the 10th anniversary of our Global Indigenous Peoples Village!
Nevada City’s Pioneer Park has a number of outdoor concerts coming up, KVMR’s 40th Birthday, Jerry Bash and the Nevada County Concert Band series. So whether you’re looking for a small event or a large rock concert outside, you have options, here’s a handy list of some of the upcoming dates.
- Music in the Mountains SummerFest (June 23-July 3)
- Grass Valley Thursday Night Markets (June 28- August 2)
- Nevada City First Friday Art Walk (July 6 and August 3)
- Nevada City Farmers Market (June 2-November 18)
- InConcert Sierra Musical Mondays at the Nevada County Library (June 11- July 23)
- Nevada City Summer Nights (July 11, 18 and 25)
- Nevada City 4th of July Parade
- Naggiar Vineyards Winefest Tribute Shows (Fridays)
- California Worldfest (July 12-15)
- KVMR Birthday Party (July 21)
- Nevada County Concert Band (July 22 and August 26)
- Jerry Bash (August 4)
- Nevada County Fair (August 8-12)
- The Center for the Arts On the Go Series at the North Star House (The Brothers Comatose: August 3 and Mojo Green: August 24)
© 2018 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem & by Kial James Photography