Over the last few years I’ve posted a number of round ups of Earth Day events, as our community has really gone above and beyond to celebrate Mother Nature. As I wrote last week, it’s hard to come up with ways to continue to be a cheerleader for all things Nevada County when it seems like everything is cancelled. But, then I realized, even if all the organized events for Earth Day are cancelled this year, we can still celebrate. Here are 10 ideas:
- Check out the online Crystal Hermitage Tulip Watch.
- Take a walk outside.
- Even thought Ike’s Quarter Cafe is currently closed, the cherry tree is always one of my spring time favorite things.
- Join the BYLT Virtual Youth Environmental Summit.
- Take a hike.
- Plant a garden, check out this list by Sierra Harvest of all your local resources.
- Support local farms with either a CSA veggie box or a flower subscription.
- Join a worldwide digital Earth Day Celebration.
- Learn more about the plants in your backyard, check out PlantSnap or PlaNet Plant Identification.
- Sit outside and just take a moment to breath.
© 2020 InnSide Nevada City, © photos by Erin Thiem and Cathy Stewart