Over the last few years I’ve posted a number of round ups of Earth Day events, as our community has really gone above and beyond to celebrate Mother Nature. Here are 10 ideas:
- Take a walk outside (we’ve got a few ideas over here on our Things to Do section).
- Even thought Ike’s Quarter Cafe is currently closed for indoor dining, the cherry tree is always one of my spring time favorite things.
- Join the BYLT NatureFest.
- Take a hike.
- Plant a garden: Starbright Acres Farm, Grizzly Hill Farm and the Food Love Farm are just a few of the local farms with veggie starts.
- Support local farms with either a CSA veggie box or a flower subscription.
- Plan for the Mother’s Day Plant Sale at the Miners Foundry.
- Join a worldwide digital Earth Day Celebration.
- Learn more about the plants in your backyard, check out PlantSnap or PlaNet Plant Identification.
- Pitch a tent and go camping at the Inn Town Campground.
- Sit outside and just take a moment to breath.
© 2021 InnSide Nevada City, © photos by Erin Thiem