Is it really October? While the blog has been on a hiatus these last few months while we navigated the summer season, I’ve always said fall is one of my favorite seasons, so might as well remind folks of some of the things to do in Nevada City. Here are a few suggestions to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season, please remember to wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- Pick a pumpkin at Bierwagen’s.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, Saturday & Sunday, October 10, 11, 17 & 18.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats pumpkin ice cream or the Caroline’s Coffee pumpkin spice latte).
- Celebrate the harvest season and go wine tasting, several of our local wineries now have expanded outdoor seating area (check out Nevada City Winery’s new patio).
- Check out the variety of veggies in the Outside Inn’s free vegetable cart.
- Haunted Nevada City tours are only available for small private tours this year due to COVID-19, but check back later this month for some audio self guided options on the Nevada City Chamber’s website.
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go on a self guided fall colors photo walk and share your photo on Instagram with #VisitNevadaCity.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out the midweek October glamping special) and the fun Halloween decor.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, enjoying a socially distant art tour, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. The Outside Inn will not be hosting the haunted pathway this year for Halloween as our continued effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and large groups congregating. But we’d love to hear from you guys on how you’re going to celebrate the fall season?