There are so many great things to do in fall in Nevada City, here are a few suggestions to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at either Bierwagen’s or McCourtney Road Pumpkin Patch.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, or check out the information page on The Center for the Arts website. Saturday & Sunday October 10-11, and 17-18.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Harvest Day celebration, Saturday: 8:30am-1pm
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats vegan pumpkin ice cream or the Summer Thyme’s pumpkin spice latte).
- Smith Vineyard Fall Open House, wine tasting and pumpkin picking! Saturday, October 10th, 17th and 24th 12-4pm.
- Wine174 inagural wine tour at Katoa Cellars, Montoliva Vineyard & Winery, and Solune Winegrowers.
- Decorate your house in the Halloween spirit, only 22 more days. Buy your ticket to Fright Night at the Miners Foundry (Achilles Wheel is playing).
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, enjoying the art tour, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. Leave a comment and share your favorite way to celebrate fall.
© 2015 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem and Lenkaland Photography