There are so many great things to do in fall in Nevada City, here are a few suggestions to help motivate you to get outside and celebrate the season.
- Pick a pumpkin at either Bierwagen’s or McCourtney Road Pumpkin Patch.
- Check out the Fall Colors Open Studio & Art Tours throughout Nevada County, click here to see the program online, or check out the information page on The Center for the Arts website. Saturday & Sunday October 8-9, and 15-16.
- Nevada City Farmers Market Saturday: 8:30am-1pm (kids if you dress in costume on Saturday, October 29th there will be a few prizes, but get their early!).
- All things pumpkin (one should not miss the Treats vegan pumpkin ice cream or the Summer Thyme’s pumpkin spice latte).
- Take a fall cooking class at Tess’ Kitchen Store (New Thanksgiving Traditions or Fall Soups) or BriarPatch Cooking School (Vegetarian Thanksgiving Sides) or try Polly’s Paladar Super Club (Bread + Bones, November 5th).
- Smith Vineyard Fall Open House, wine tasting and pumpkin picking! Saturday, October 15th, 22nd and 29th 12-4pm.
- Wine174 wine tour at Katoa Cellars, Montoliva Vineyard & Winery, and Solune Winegrowers, or stay in downtown Nevada City (Nevada City Winery, Szabo Vineyards or Clavey Winery) or Grass Valley and check out the tasting rooms of Bent Metal Vineyard, Smith Vineyard, Lucchesi Vineyards & Winery, Sierra Starr Vineyard or Avanguardia Wines.
- Bridgeport South Yuba State Park Fall Festival (Sunday, October 25th)
- Decorate your house in the Halloween spirit, only 25 more days. Buy your ticket to Fright Night at the Miners Foundry (Mojo Green and Whee the People are playing).
- Take a fall colors walk around downtown Nevada City or check out the points of historical interests.
- Go camping at the Inn Town Campground (check out our mid week October Special)
- Take a hike with Folk Trails Hiking Club (Saturday, October 8th) or join one of the Bear Yuba Land Trust events.
- And if you’re looking for more weekly events, make sure to check out our Events Page over on Pinterest, updated every week.
So whether you’re looking for fall color, enjoying the art tour, visiting local wineries or picking a pumpkin, there’s plenty to do in Nevada County for the whole family. Leave a comment and share your favorite way to celebrate fall. And the winners for the National Coffee Day Giveaway are: #1: Tara #2: Mike #3: Pam #4: Denise Wilson #5: Ann Hobbs #6: Lillian Llacer #7: Christopher Sawyer #8: Debra and #9: Kari Logwood, congrats! Please stop by the Outside Inn to pick up your prizes.
© 2016 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem and Lenkaland Photography