Think Local First has teamed up with the Nevada Theatre to bring Nevada City a screening of the film Fixing the Future A nationwide screening is taking place this month and we’re lucky enough to host the event on Sunday, July 22nd at 7:30pm. Following the film screening there will be a pre-recorded panel discussion by Bill McKibben, Majora Carter, Mike Brady and David Brancaccio and then a live panel discussion by local western Nevada County businesses and experts. Heidi Bergman, Think Local’s First board member, stated in her press release, “This is a great opportunity to raise awareness about some ways we can strengthen our economy. It’s a sharing of ideas and way to get people involved. It’s down to earth, a real look into a do-it-yourself economy.” The Outside Inn’s blog InnSide Nevada City is excited to share we’ve put together two fun giveaways packages.
Nevada City Stroll, giveaway #1
- Have a beer or glass of wine at Matteo’s Public ($20 gift certificate)
- Grab an extra large pizza at Pete’s Pizza (coupon for one extra large pizza with 3 toppings)
- Stroll over to Treats for a cool scoop of ice cream (coupon for $1 off ice cream cone)
- See a movie (Fixing the Future- 2 tickets)
Movie Night, giveaway #2
- Pre movie drink at Indian Springs Winery (coupon for a $2 glass of wine)
- Movie tickets (Fixing the Future), popcorn and drinks for two
To enter the giveaway please post a comment on this blog post telling us why you’d like to attend the film screening. I’ll draw the winners on Sunday, July 15th. The winner from last week’s post on Grass Valley Wine Company is JT Teerlink.