Can you believe it’s the end of the summer season? The Outside Inn is one busy place during June, July and August (with weekends already filling up for the summer of 2015). While I look forward to the fall colors and winter activities, I am so grateful to our community for the spectacular summer season, whether it be the events, the long summer nights, the opportunity to soak in the river or any one of the #79573489 reasons I love Nevada City.
- **Swimming in the South Yuba River
- **Thank you fans for voting the Outside Inn’s minion row-boat crowd favorite in the Nevada City Soapbox Derby
- **The amazing bounty of fresh fruits and veggies (from the Farmers Market, to the Farm to Table Dinner, to my weekly CSA box from Mountain Bounty to the amazing Outside Inn free veggie cart).
- **Trying new foods (Tess’ Kitchen Chef Dinner, Three Forks Bakery & Brewery, Polly’s Paladar, Briar Patch Co-Op cooking classes).
- **Events… every week I plug things that are happening on the Outside Inn’s Pinterest board, because there’s no way I could attend everything, but a few of my favorites this summer included: Nevada City Classic Bicycle Race, The Children’s Festival, Nevada County Fair, First Friday Art Walk, Summer Nights, Nevada City Soapbox Derby, Music in the Mountains SummerFest, 4th of July Parade).
What’s your favorite summer time thing to do in Nevada City? Leave a comment and share. And I have a few winners to announce, the gift certificate to Food Love Project UPick is Donna, the spot in Roots Reclaimed The Studio calligraphy class with Pigment & Parchment goes to Anne and the gift certificate to Pine Street Burgers goes to Therese. Happy Labor Day!
© 2014 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem, Kial James and Matt Bonser