The Outside Inn has been a CSA host pick up for Mountain Bounty Farm since 2008 and today marks the end of an era, as it’s our final day as a site host. John & Angie have done an amazing job with their farm and the offerings of fresh fruit, veggies and flowers and as a result the CSA has tripled in size since they started. Mountain Bounty will still continue to have two Nevada City pick up locations, plus options in Grass Valley, North San Juan, Truckee and Reno (click here for a full list of CSA sites) . The hard-working farmers are exciting to share another season full of amazing locally grown fruits and veggies. Some of the veggies on offer will include:
- Greens: Arugula, Bok Choi, Cabbage, Collards, Kale, Lettuces, Radicchio, Escarole, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Tatsoi and other Asian greens
- Herbs & Aliums: Basil, Cilantro, Dill, Garlic, Leeks, Onions, Parsley, Scallions
- Roots: Beets, Carrots, Potatoes, Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips
- Summer’s Glory: Cherry, Heirloom, and lots of red slicing Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Cucumbers, Edamame, Eggplant, Cantaloupes and many other types of muskmelons, Green Beans, Sweet Red Peppers, Hot peppers, Summer Squash, Watermelons, Zucchini
- Spring and Fall treats: Broccoli, Cauliflower, Celery, Fennel, Peas, Pie Pumpkins, Winter Squash
To sign up for the veggie, fruit or flower share click here. Nevada County is full of amazing farms, so whether you’re getting a CSA or shopping at one of the local farmers market, there are lots of opportunities to support the local farmers, click here for a link to the Nevada County Grown Farm Guide. Our friends at the Mountain Bounty have offered up a $10 gift certificate to use at the Nevada City Farmers Market (which returns on Saturday, June 4th) and a free summer veggie box to one lucky Outside Inn blog reader, please post a comment on this blog post on your favorite summer recipe and I’ll draw the winner on Wednesday, May 25th.* Thank you Mountain Bounty Farm for bringing the amazing variety of food to our door step for the last 8 years, we wish you the very best in the next location. And just so you know, the Outside Inn’s free veggie cart isn’t going anywhere, it’s been repainted and is open for “business.” And the winner of last week’s Mama Madrone’s giveaway is Edy. **Edited to say the winner is Holly Graham.
© 2016 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem, CSA box must be collected before November 1, 2016, Nevada City pick up only.