Here are 10 winter ideas:
- Go outside, whether it’s skiing, snowboard, snow shoeing or building a snowman. Who’s been to Sugar Bowl or Royal Gorge lately?
- Visit a local museum. The Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum or Empire Mine Historic State Park are both great options to learn a little local history on a rainy day.
- Take an Art Class (ASiF or The Artist Workshop, Curious Forge).
- Go wine tasting, whether it’s a local tasting room or check out the Sierra Vintners map and go check out the wineries.
- Go take a winter hike, join the Folk Trails Hiking Club and/or the 52 Hike Challenge. With our lower elevations, you really can get out and enjoy a walk outside year round (even if it’s raining).
- Go to the movies. You can enjoy Nevada City’s The Onyx, Grass Valley’s locally owned Sierra Theaters or check out the independent film screenings at the Nevada Theatre on Sundays.
- Take a cooking class.
- Read a book, take part in Nevada County Reads, support The Book Seller or learn from experts at the Sierra Writers Conference.
- Go to the indoor climbing gym, yoga or take the kids bowling.
- Join me on the first of the 2020 photo walks with Kial James of Nevada City Scenics (Sunday, Feb 16th at the Outside Inn).
If you’re looking for weekly events, don’t forget the Outside Inn’s Pinterest board on weekly events. And I always love seeing the Visit Nevada City Instagram feed, we’re so close to 10K followers, it’s always a great way to see town through the eyes of others.
And for those of you who made it this far, if you’re looking for an excuse to come visit, the Outside Inn is currently offering a mid week special for new reservations. If you’re looking to come play in Nevada City, book now, offer valid Sunday-Thursday through Feb 13th.