Hello September! The Outside Inn crew wants to take a deep breath and marvel at another amazing summer season. We get so many repeat guests who come year after year. Many visitors swim in the river, others attend local events, like the Nevada City Classic, Nevada City Summer Nights and the Worldfest and lots of guests celebrated loved ones at weddings and enjoyed all the kid friendly activities. So thanks to all the repeat guests, the newcomers and locals who sent their family and friends to hang out with us at the Outside Inn and the Inn Town Campground.
And I love fall… I love everything about it. So for those of you who aren’t familiar with all the fun in September/October/November here are a few events to check out:
- SYRCL Yuba River Clean Up (September 17th)
- Sierra Vintners Regional Wine Trail (September 24th)
- Draft Horse Classic (September 22-25th)
- Fall Color
- Nevada City Farmers Market (Saturdays 8:30am-1pm)
- KVMR Celtic Festival (September 30th-October 2nd)
- Women’s Mountain Bike Clinic, September 30th-October 2nd
- Pumpkin Patch activities (Biergwagen’s, McCourtney Road Pumpkins, Smith Vineyards)
- Open Studios Tour (October 8-9, and 15-16)
While I say love our community on a regular basis, and thoroughly enjoy reading why you guys love our community for my annual crazy giveaway, it is fun to remember on a daily basis why we call Nevada City home. While it still feels like summer here, we’re all excited about the changing of the seasons. And while the blog has slowed down a little this summer while I focus energy on the Inn Town Campground, I’m still active on Instagram and Facebook and keep updating my weekly what’s happening boards on Pinterest. And don’t forget about this Friday’s photo meet up. But don’t worry, I have some more giveaways up my sleeve for this month, so hello September, our town will soon be painted with fall colors.
© 2016 InnSide Nevada City, photos by Erin Thiem