I love spring, while I say that about every season (so many things to do in the summer, fall and winter in our community), one of the things I love about this time of year are the flowers everywhere you turn. So if you’re a flower happy person here are a few ideas on ways to get out and “smell the roses.”
- Buttermilk Bend wildflower hikes are every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 11am down at Bridgeport along the South Yuba River through mid-May. If you’ve never been down there now is the time of the year to go. Click here, here, here and here for previous Outside Inn blog posts with more photos. Click here for the self guided trees and shrubs brochure.
- Sit under the cherry tree at Ike’s Quarter Cafe
- Check out the tulips at the Crystal Hermitage Gardens at Ananda. Open every day in April, the gardens showcase over 13,000 tulips.
- Soropotimist International Garden Tour is coming May 21st and 22nd, 10am-4pm, rain or shine. Click here, here or here for photos from previous years.
- Take a workshop at Peaceful Valley Farm and Garden Supply
- Want flowers every week, but don’t want to grow them? Sign up for a flower CSA, Soil Sisters and Mountain Bounty Farm offer weekly flowers in the summer season.
- Check out the dogwoods around downtown Nevada City
- Daffodil Run in Penn Valley, Sunday, April 10th
And for those of you looking for ideas on things to do every week, check out my local events page. And the winner of last week’s Coffee giveaway is Suchi. And there’s still time to enter the BriarPatch Co-op cooking class giveaway, click here.
© 2016 InnSide Nevada City, Photos © by Erin Thiem