I love spring, while I say that about every season (so many things to do in the summer, fall and winter in our community), one of the things I love about this time of year are the flowers and the smell of spring. So if you’re a flower happy person here are a few ideas on ways to get out and “smell the roses.”
- Check out the tulips at the Crystal Hermitage Gardens at Ananda. Open Saturdays and Sundays through April, the gardens showcase over 13,000 tulips.
- Soropotimist International Garden Tour is coming May 17th and 18th, $20 in advance, 10am-4pm, rain or shine. Click here, here or here for photos from previous years.
- Buttermilk Bend wildflower hikes are every Saturday and Sunday mornings at 11am down at Bridgeport, along the South Yuba River through mid-May. If you’ve never been down there now is the time of the year to go. Click here, here and here for previous Outside Inn blog posts with more photos.
- Take a workshop at Peaceful Valley Farm and Garden Supply
- Want flowers every week, but don’t want to grow them? Sign up for a flower CSA, Soil Sisters and Mountain Bounty Farm offer weekly flowers.
- Check out the dogwoods around downtown Nevada City
- Daffodil Run in Penn Valley, Sunday, April 13th
© 2014 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by G Aronow Photography and Erin Thiem