St. Patrick’s Day is coming up this weekend and do you have any plans? Here are a few suggestions on activities and things to do in Nevada County if you want to celebrate Irish heritage and culture, wear green or find a shamrock shaped cookie.
- Stop by The Thirsty Barrel in downtown Grass Valley and have a $2 green beer special, Corn Beef & Cabbage Specials and listen to the band Manzanita from 7-10pm.
- Sample the seasonal Bailey’s Irish cream or Irish potato candies at Treats.
- Wake the Dead with Peter Grant, Miners Foundry St. Patrick’s Day Party, doors open at 7pm, dance party starts at 8pm.
- BriarPatch Coop Irish Pub Pasty: house made corned beef, cabbage, carrot, potato, onion and a green crust dyed with spinach. Available at BriarPatch Deli on through March 17th.
- Lefty’s Grill dinner special with Corned beef and cabbage with house made soda bread.
- Stop by Ol Republic Brewery and try the Celtic Red, if you’re lucky to get it on draft (or just pick up the 4 pack of cans to go) or try a pint of Dark Matter, Black Scotch Ale.
- Dirty Cello, Party Like You’re Irish at Crazy Horse Saloon, Saturday, 9:30pm
California Kind St. Patty’s Day Celebration at The Stone House, Saturday, 8:30pm with members of Phil Lesh and Friends, Dark Star Orchestra, David Nelson Band, Jefferson Starship.
- Have a green yerba mate latte from Fable Coffee.
- Send a St. Patrick’s Day bouquet from Foothill Flowers
- Join the Bowl For Kids’ Sake is Big Brothers Big Sisters’ event at Prosperity Lanes, 3pm onward (sign up required, costumes encouraged).
- Celebrate the day outside and go on a guided wildflower walk on the Buttermilk Bend Trail at Bridgeport on the South Yuba River, Saturday & Sunday at 11am.
© 2018 InnSide Nevada City, © photos by Erin Thiem