Here at the Outside Inn, we’re excited that Nevada County has moved back into the Purple Tier so we can welcome recreational visitors again. While the motel will continue to adhere to all of the modifications and COVID-19 requirements, if you’re feeling a little stir crazy or need a staycation, maybe now is a good time to stay with us. All of our rooms have external access and we have adopted a contactless self check in procedure, so while staff is on site to help, you can have a very socially distant visit to both Nevada City and the Outside Inn. If you’re looking to cook in your room, don’t forget half of the rooms have kitchenettes.
So, we’re all trying to come up with things to look forward to while we hunker down and wave from afar, so here are a few more suggestions to get through the winter season.
- Go Skiing! So while Nevada City isn’t a ski-in, ski-out destination, there is something to be said for coming to hang out in the snow-free zone and driving up the hill for some amazing skiing. The closest options are Sugar Bowl, Boreal and cross country ski resort Royal Gorge. But Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley and Northstar are all accessible for a day trip.
- Go for a hike, some great options to consider in the winter:
- Take a bike ride.
- Do something virtually in a new place- whether it’s a zoom cooking class, happy hour with friends or watching the Wild & Scenic Film Festival online.
- Explore the Sierra Nevada Mountains, day trip to Truckee, Donner Lake or take a drive up to Downieville.
- Grab take out from one of the many local restaurants and support small businesses.
- Recreate responsibly outside, check out these great tips and suggestions.
- Take time to plan a future trip, now is a great time to plan your next adventure.
© 2021 InnSide Nevada City