Time to plan your winter escape to Nevada City, so I’ve put together a few itineraries to help you with your trip planning, and make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom for the limited time offer Outside Inn winter special promotion.
Couples getaway to Nevada City
- Lunch out at Matteo’s Public
- Hike along the South Yuba River
- Wine tasting at Nevada City Winery
- Pamper sessions at Wolf Mountain Day Spa
- Dinner out at New Moon
Things to Do with Kids
- Visit Empire Mine State Historic Park
- Check out the Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Go for a hike along the Independence Trail or South Yuba Trail
- Visit Treats in Nevada City and try an exotic flavor of ice cream or hot cocoa
- Visit the Pioneer Park playground
- Go for a play in the snow up Highway 20
- Go Geo-Caching in downtown Nevada City
Artist Retreat in Nevada City
- Take a class with Community Canvas
- Visit to Mowen Solinisky Gallery
- Check out an artist reception at ASiF Studio
- Hike along the Art OnSite trail, Deer Creek Tribute Trail
- Listen to music at The Center for the Arts, upcoming shows include
Melissa Arnot: Feb 6Marc Broussard Trio: Feb 9Lukas Nelson: Feb 13Martin Sexton: March 2Claire Lynch: March 13Jackie Greene: March 23 (limited seats available, no discounts)
Foodie Lovers Nevada City/Grass Valley adventure
- Breakfast at South Pine Cafe
- Visit BriarPatch Co-Op and check out their local community events
- Olive Oil Tasting at Olive Vitality
- Wine & Beer Tastings in Nevada City (Clavey Vineyards, Szabo Vineyards, Nevada City Winery, BYOB, Ol Republic Brewery)
- Cooking class at Tess’ Kitchen Store
So to help encourage you to come and play in Nevada City/Grass Valley, regardless of what type of getaway you’re after, I’ve put together a Winter Specials package. If you book a room at the Outside Inn on a Sunday-Thursday anytime between now and March 31st, the first 20 people will get an extra savings package including: 10% off your room rental, a $1 off coupon for a glass of wine at Nevada City Winery, a $5 gift certificate at Matteo’s, a free mimosa with the purchase of an entrée at South Pine Cafe or a free homemade soda at Pine Street Burgers with the purchase of a meal, $10 gift certificate for merchandise at Tess’ Kitchen with the purchase of a cooking class, a free wine tasting at Smith Vineyards, $5 off an art class at Community Canvas, $20 off a one hour session at Wolf Mountain Day Spa and **for the first five people** buy one The Center for the Arts ticket*, get the second one free (valid Sunday-Thursday), plus for a 2 free drinks at the Center for the Arts. You can check availability online, but please give us a call at 530 265 2233 to reserve, limited packages available. Please note, must be redeemed by March 31st, 2014, room discount only valid Sunday-Thursday night.
What’s your favorite getaway itinerary?
© 2014 InnSide Nevada City, Photos by Erin Thiem
*Buy one get one free Center for the Arts offer valid for the first five people who book at the Outside Inn and only valid for one show each.