At the Outside Inn we want to keep you up to date on how the COVID-19 is impacting our community.
Firstly, the Outside Inn is currently open for business for essential business only. However, the governor has recently mandated a statewide lock down. Lodging is considered an essential business, but for very limited reasons. Please read the Nevada County Public Health Department mandate for who we can accommodate. We understand this is a stressful, uncertain and emerging situation and we are constantly monitoring communications with public health and the media to keep ourselves and our guests updated.
- If you are a health care professional who needs accommodation, please call us.
Here are a few of the things that we at the Outside Inn have always provided to our guests to ensure their wellbeing and a happy stay:
- We always clean all surfaces in a room after each guest checks out.
- We routinely disinfect our office, but have closed it for all guests for the time being.
- We provide all of our guests with high quality organic soaps in all bathrooms so that washing hands is easy.
- Each room has its own external access, meaning you do not need to pass through confined spaces with many other people.
In addition to our standard cleaning routines, we have also implemented the following precautions:
- We have increased the frequency of high-touch surface cleaning with disinfectant solutions listed by the EPA and CDC (see here for that list).
- We continue to ask all staff and guests exhibiting symptoms of the flu or COVID-19 to refrain from coming to work or visiting the Outside Inn.
- We have published for staff and guests the appropriate preventative measures that individuals can take to minimize potential exposure to the virus and other germs.
- We have modified our cancellation policy for those directly affected by the virus (see below for our modified policy).
- We are only offering self check-ins to guests.
- There is no daily housekeeping service, but supplies are available upon request.
- Our office has limited office hours, but we wanted our guests to know that there is a staff member on call, so if there is an issue that needs to be addressed in a timely manner, or you have general questions and need to talk to a human, we will be available via telephone.
A healthy community takes a collaborative effort. We are doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses and encourage everyone to be maintain clean hands and environments so this outbreak will pass quickly.
As always, we understand that travel plans change, so we highly recommend either investing in travel insurance or waiting to book until closer to the time of your trip.
Third Party Bookings (Booking.com, Expedia.com)
Please note that the Outside Inn cannot make exception to reservation terms through third party bookings. The gift certificate refunds are not available for the third party bookings.
Check out our blog, InnSide Nevada City for our latest update on small town community support.